Free PDF I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer
There is no question that book I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer will consistently make you inspirations. Even this is merely a publication I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer; you could discover many genres and kinds of books. From entertaining to journey to politic, and also sciences are all offered. As what we explain, here we provide those all, from popular writers and author worldwide. This I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer is among the collections. Are you interested? Take it now. How is the way? Learn more this write-up!

I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer
Free PDF I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer
Book lovers, when you need a brand-new book to read, discover the book I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer here. Never ever stress not to discover what you need. Is the I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer your required book currently? That holds true; you are truly an excellent user. This is a perfect book I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer that originates from great writer to show you. Guide I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer offers the most effective experience as well as lesson to take, not just take, but also learn.
In some cases, reading I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer is extremely boring as well as it will take very long time starting from obtaining guide and begin reading. Nevertheless, in modern-day period, you could take the creating technology by using the internet. By web, you could see this page and begin to look for guide I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer that is required. Wondering this I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer is the one that you need, you could go with downloading. Have you comprehended how you can get it?
After downloading the soft file of this I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer, you could start to read it. Yeah, this is so satisfying while someone needs to check out by taking their big books; you are in your brand-new method by just manage your device. And even you are operating in the workplace; you can still use the computer to read I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer fully. Certainly, it will not obligate you to take many pages. Merely web page by web page depending on the time that you have to read I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer
After knowing this extremely easy means to read and also get this I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer, why do not you inform to others concerning by doing this? You can inform others to see this website as well as choose browsing them preferred books I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer As understood, right here are great deals of listings that provide several type of publications to collect. Merely prepare couple of time as well as net connections to obtain the books. You can really delight in the life by reading I Love Lucy: Behind The Scenes, By Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer in an extremely straightforward fashion.
Half a century after its debut, "I Love Lucy" remains the most popular and influential sitcom phenomenon in TV history. Jess Oppenheimer, "the brains" of "I Love Lucy," gives us an insider's view of this groundbreaking show, generously interspersed with actual recordings of classic Lucy performances--including her famous "Vitameatavegamin" routine. Sounding much like an episode of "Lucy" itself, Oppenheimer weaves a wonderfully entertaining tale of the creation of this landmark show. Lucy aficionados will also delight in his personal accounts of stars such as Desi Arnaz, William Frawley, Vivian Vance, and of course, Lucille Ball. Read by three-time "I Love Lucy" veteran Larry Dobkin, and featuring comedy performances by Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Gale Gordon, Hans Conried, Bea Benaderet, Frank Nelson, and more! Published in hard cover as "Laughs, Luck...and Lucy: How I Came to Create the Most Popular Sitcom of All Time."
- Sales Rank: #4839428 in Books
- Published on: 1998-04
- Formats: Abridged, Audiobook
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 2
- Dimensions: 7.00" h x 4.25" w x .50" l,
- Binding: Audio Cassette
Amazon.com Review
Laughs indeed as Jess Oppenheimer charts his rise from radio station gofer to inventor of the sitcom, as he winds up writing--then producing--Lucille Ball's show, first on radio, then on television. Luck, too, as the author recounts the good fortune that has him, within minutes of arrival in Hollywood, sitting down at a lunch counter and getting a tip that secures a job within days and a career for life. Ironic, too, that this inveterate TV writer had to be cajoled for years to set down these Hollywood heyday memoirs. He never finished, and it was left to son Gregg to complete the book. All this, plus a reproduced Lucy script, and a CD-ROM filled with famous sketches!
From The New Yorker
If you love Lucy, you'll love this book (and CD).
From Booklist
This old-fashioned showbiz memoir, completed by son George after father Jess' death, is comfortable in tone and never wallows in scandal. Jess Oppenheimer knew Lucy, the TV character, from the beginning, and his star is chained to hers, not least because of the forgettable shows he created after Lucy. He started with Lucille Ball in 1948 as producer, director, and head writer for My Favorite Husband, her radio series and the forerunner of her TV show, I Love Lucy, the sitcom from which all subsequent sitcoms seem to flow and naturally the focus here. To his credit, Oppenheimer lays out the obligatory inside tidbits without laying them on. Yes, Vivian Vance disliked William Frawley, a matter Oppenheimer places in context, just as he does Desi Arnaz's battle for more creative freedom and a larger role on the show. And he gives us the inside scoop on Gale Gordon, too! Oppenheimer's fond reminiscence is an important addition to the burgeoning collection concerned with TV's early years and subsequent effects on popular culture. Mike Tribby
Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
So glad his son took time to get it produced!
By P. Wiser
This book is probably one of the more enjoyable books I've read in some time. To think it might have never been given to the public to read makes me shudder! I'm so grateful the son of this talented man took time off from being a lawyer (shows Jess also had terrific children) to make sure his legacy lived on. Jess shows his talent in a very humble way, he is not critical he is just stating facts regarding his subjects. He gives you a glimpse into history with the beginning of radio, how he got permission (from his mother and family) to pursue his desire into that world. It also shows how his family tried to prevent him from persuring a carrer in radio by giving him the ultimatum of one year to make something happen. This gives thought to the fact as a parent, what do you prevent your children from becoming? It would have been dreadful that we might not have had the "I Love Lucy" Series today had he not been given the opportunity to pursue his desire in radio? As a reader, you are excited for him, you long for him to go on with the story because you don't want to miss a thing! You love learning about his beginnings but it is powerful to learn about how he resolved problems before him, being a quick study to learn about film, dealing with the disagreements with Viv and Bill, and learning quickly that Lucy was insecure and Desi was quite bright. He valued Lucy as a wonderful talent and never took anything away from her or others. He stood his ground and I probably loved that most in learning who Jess Oppenheimer was as a man. A must read!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
A good read...
By Mountain Momma
Although this wasn't about what I thought (more Lucy and Ricky) I enjoyed reading about Jess Oppenheimer's life and work. A very interesting and smart man. They have some pictures and a few were of the Lucy set. it was interesting seeing the layout for I Love Lucy and remembering the many laughs my family had watching the show. The most I ever saw my dad laugh was the show where they (all four) were on a trip and had to spend the night at a ratty hotel/filling station run by Ernie Ford. When a train would go by the building the bunk beds would jump all around the room. It was great seeing my dad sitting on the couch in stitches. It was before 1956 and we lived in a duplex my folks owned. What great memories. If you're in the age group that watched these 'new' shows weekly I think you'd enjoy this book
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
A Great read about the Golden Age of Television
By marriagecoach1
Wow what a great memoir about the Golden Age of Television as told by the producer and executive producer and his son. The reason that the son is mentioned is that he found his dead father's files and realized that his dad had intended on writing a book but died before he could get it done. The son took a year off of work as a successful lawyer to write this tribute to his dad. It gives the early history of Mr. Oppenheimer in the radio business.
It goes on to tell the stories of the principals in the greatest show of all time I Love Lucy. It is a great read and I recommend it highly.for
The only negative is that it has formatting problems in the book and needs to be fixed but the story is pure genius.
The reviewer is the author of the new Kindle book entitled: Sex Education For Adults Secrets to
Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer PDF
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer EPub
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer Doc
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer iBooks
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer rtf
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer Mobipocket
I Love Lucy: Behind the Scenes, by Jess Oppenheimer, Gregg Oppenheimer Kindle
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar